Saturday, August 19, 2006

End of a relationship....

I have been asked by many friends and associates, co-workers and acquaintances, what happened? What happened to end my relationship with my ex? I have mostly not talked about it, and/or gave partial responses. But, after 6 months, I think it's time. Than, people can stop wondering for the most part.

Let me start by saying that it was her decision to end things. Her feelings had changed too much from the start to the end for her to continue. She had lost her feelings for me for many months now. A lot had to do with how different we both were. We had different interests and the way we spent our time together was not the way she envisioned. I wasn't able to accommodate her needs and wants in life. She was in a different place in her life than I was. My relationship with her most important aspect in life, her son, was not where it should be, in her eyes. Her family's disapproval of me did not help things along, as she is close with her family. Communication and faith in one another are two key elements in the relationship. We didnt have it. I believe all this lead to her decision.

Where did I stand? I believe it takes two to make a relationship, and two to break one. She was correct in many ways, yet wrong in others. I take my share of the blame, as you know how difficult I can be sometimes...hahahah. However, I was in it for the long haul. I believe many things could have been worked on and improved upon. Some things had to be the way they were, and be accepted. I did not see it coming at the time that she wanted out. I probably should have. Like we all say, hindsight is 20/20. The clues were out there, but I did not pick up on them. I see them now. Its good that she got out since she wasn't totally happy. Better now than years down the road. The ones that know me know that I truly cared for her. Sometimes I wonder if her feelings for me were ever true. But only she can answer that. The one thing I wished from her was that she had faith in me. She never had that in our relationship. Nevertheless, I would not have changed being in this relationship.

It was probably for the best. She was smart to end it. We actually parted on very good terms. It wasnt bitter. Noone cheated on the other ( the most asked question), there was no third party involved, and it wasnt messy. Once and awhile, we talk. How much longer, I dont know. She has since moved on and is happy again. I will get there to, its just a longer journey on the path for me. People always say time heals all wounds. Dont get me wrong, I am genuinely fine and ok, considering I have seen people worse off than me. We have all been there, so its no different for me. Its times like these that you are glad to have the big 3 F's, family, friends, and your faith. Your real friends become more visible. You get to re-connect with some that you have lost touch with (like Lee & Mon). I wish her the best. For me, the journey continues, and the world is my oyster!! Hopefully that answers your many questions, and you can all stop wandering and worrying!!

4 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Havok said...

It's funny how we're blinded when it comes to our own relationships. Not to say I wouldn't have supported you either way, but sometimes we want things that aren't good for us and we just can't see that...

Haha, look at what happened with me. :P Everyone supported my relationship because they were my friends but they all knew the relationship wasn't good for me in the long haul. Maybe what's good about all this being over now is that you now have a better picture of what it takes to make you happy and that at least it ended now rather than if you were married and had kids. Man, this family doesn't need another one of those broken relationships so better now than later! :P

I'm actually praying for some deserving chick to find you because I know you're a good person and some hootchie should be so lucky to have the most deserving Wong bro. Keep the faith bro; someone will discover you!

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz,
A very neat blog, very well put together.
I would strike this up as a learning experience along with all other relationships. It's hard..... I"m glad you have no hard feelings and are so grown up about it, if it were me I'd have a lot of tears shed by now. But eventually move on and have learned a few things of what to and what not to do.
It won't be long before your next victim or I mean next girl, falls for one of your Wong Bros charm. lol
Always supportive Peg

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some really touching and insightful thoughts. I have recently gone through the exact same thing you did in your relationship. Having something that I thought was meaningful end without any warning. I can totally relate to everything you're feeling.

Like you, I'm trying to deal with it and moving on. Everyday gets a little bit easier. I think one of the most important things is to never forget your self worth. It hurts when someone you care about rejects you. You are a wonderful person who has sacrificed so much of his life for others. There are so many people who love you and feel lucky to have you in their lives (including me despite the long period of not talking). You deserve someone who is willing to do everything for you and you should not settle for anything less. This goes for all the Wong Boys. :) But until that special little lady comes into your life, take care of yourself first.

People come and go in your life and that's just the way it is. But it really is true that your true friends and family will be there for you no matter what. So, in the end, appreciate and love what you do have and let go of the things that you don't have.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ending a relationship is hard.. but you have always been there for me. I appreciate it a lot. You always try to make me see the light as for this weekend I think I have managed to see it on my own. I believe its over with you know who...I can't take it any more. I think its time I just take some ME time and rethink my plan in life...Thanks for always being there Bo your the best.. talk to you soon babi..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home