Winnipeg and Rickster/Dislocated finger
First day of summer is here. What can I do to make it memorable? How about dislocate my finger during softball? Freak accident. Should have not been in that position in da first place. Brian was stuck in traffic, so we were down to 9 guys. Vince takes CF, leaving me at 2b, which I don’t normally play. After a hit, Vince hit Brett as the cut off man, who tried to pick the runner off at 2nd. I caught da ball wrong and jammed my ring finger. It didn’t hurt, but felt weird. So I took my glove off and notice it was out of joint. I panicked since I never seen my finger bent out of shape b4. All I can think was to pull it back into place, which I did….. played the rest of the game at catcher and da next game against Top Gun as the pitcher. Before my injury, I hit my second career HR against the Tilts, whom we lost 21-5. We beat the Top Guns in the second game with our last at bat 18-17. This meant I hit my first HR the week before against da Eagles… no one was more surprised than me when it cleared the fence for my first career men’s league HR.
Monday was our final vball games for the spring. We won our first game, but lost our second game to finish 6th. Prior to that, we hit the pub for a team grub and drinks.
This past weekend started Fri night with drinks at Earls with Kim/Tim/Jenn/Monique/Justin. Sat, we went to see Green Lantern. Movie was average. Special effects were really good, but too much happening in the plot, and it was all over da place. That night, we went to the SocialLounge to celebrate Lils half yr bday with 18 others. Set dish for $35. Had prawns for appy and then duck leg on top of rice for main course. Couple of drinks and the bill was $120.00 for Deb and I. Fun night, with good company, absolute! Too bad Nance missed it cause she performed in Toon town. Sunday, I subbed for Kim’s ball hockey team. We won 4-2, with me potting two. Nothing like harassing one of the other team’s players for being rough with our girls/swearing at a girl/running our goalie.
Last week highlights includes my first HR on Tuesday en route to our 25-10 win over the Eagles. Second game was a lost to the Extremes. Dat afternoon, went to lunch with Tanya and Marsha at Jap village. Wed, docs at bank and lawyer. Move some boxes to da mothers on Thurs.
Previous weekend hilites included watching Super 8, which was a really good movie…. Had an ET feeling to it, and I recommend da movie, absolutely.
The first weekend of June was da weekend I looked forward to for awhile. 10 years in da making. Finally got to hook up with slick Rick. Headed to Winnipeg for three nights. It was an enjoyment to spend time with his family, and playing a bunch of sports with his boy. Who knew Rick was such a homebody. He BBQ us pork chops one night, pasta another night, and we had pizza the first night. Throw in an egg on top of toast breakfast and a deli lunch, and I was well fed…..also got to tour the city, play little min-golf, lunch at BP’s, sit by the firepit having a few drinks, watch a Stanley cup game…… his cat didn’t bother me til the last day, so I survived that obstacle…. Guess now that we finally hooked up again, we shouldn’t wait another 10 yrs?....hahahh... and congrats on da Jets for getting a hockey team back... also congrats on the Bruins for winning da cup over the canucks in 7...made my yr, as did the Mavs dismantling the Heat in the NBA finals in 6.... shame on the rioters in Vancouver who came there with intent to riot/loot/and cause damage..... the real hockey fans were not involved.... just those who had intent and those who got caught in the mob spree.... may the social netwok catch and ID yuo all and you all suffer for your error in judgement...no sympathy to you...only if you get death threats and or threats to your fam...those are unnecessary... public humiliation is the best payback!!!
Finally happy bday to Ann on the 1st, KGB on the 10th… happy 40th!!!!!.... and of course Jilly, on the 20th!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home