Friday, October 17, 2008

Congrats to my cuz, Jack!!!!!!!

This past weekend, I took a trip to Hongcouver, to attend my cousin Jack's wedding..... YES, its true, he finally cross the line and enter the world of marriage.... in doing so, he breaks the curse that has seen the boys from da mother's side of the family all remain single, while the girls are married with kids.... thanks Jack... does this mean the pressure is off of him, and now lies in my court???...yikes!@!@@

I flew out Sat morning at 7:30am with Sam and da mother.... but not before I played hockey at midnight the night b4.... so that night, only got an hour sleep, so I was dead tired when I hit Vancouver.... but my cuz were busy til suppertime, which meant I had to hang with da mother the whole day.... fun fun.... NOT!!!.... so after we dealt with Budget on the rental car, which was delayed by half hour, we went for Dim Sum at 9am at Neptune Seafood Rest.... who would have thought Dim Sum would be opened that early??... to my surprise, it opened at 8am, and yet, we still had to wait 20 mins for a table..... they had a special from 8am to 11am, $2.50/plate.... that is CHEAP!!!... and their Dim Sum is so much bigger too... after that, we hit three malls or mini malls including Amsterdam.... than at about 2pm, we went for noodles and Consume Soup at Mak's Noodle House..... after that, we checked in at the hotel, La Quinta, where da mother and Sam were staying at...... after that, I collapsed for a nap while they went out shopping.... after my nap, we met up with our cousins at Northern Dynasty for supper for 17, which included the Japanese party for 6.......

Sunday..... just hung out with the kids..had left over Dim Sum and other stuff for lunch and throughout the day........ ohh Owen, you are a cute baby..... absolutely a cutie!!!.... supper time, we all gathered at the house (which I must say, is impressive, 7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms over 4700 square feet) while Alfred BBQ for us wings, lamb, short ribs, corn, etc..... good stuff, thanks again!!!

Monday (wedding day), we picked up Dim Sum at T&T and had lunch with the family, Japanese, and some friends.... than we headed to Queen Elizabeth Park for the wedding... the bad thing?? it rained all day!!!.... oh well..... it was still fine... the wedding might have been outdoors, but was held inside...... than after a few hours of relaxation, we headed to Sun Sui Wah for the banquet for 55 pple.... Jack was hilarious.... just get in there!!!.. and what is that white thing??..errr..ummm ,..ohh..its teeth!!... your smiling???... its a miracle!!!!... so after a 10 course meal, I was stuffed to the max for the third straight day.....

Tues.... more left overs for lunch and hanging with the kids...... oh yeah, Owen spewed on me, but since he is so cute, I will let it slide....... hahhaa.... that night, we headed to Tropicana for lunch b4 our flight at 9:30pm back home..... the flight was delayed 25 mins, so we landed at about 12pm!!!...

That was my trip in a nutshell... the weather was generally nice.... hoodie weather... well, except for the wedding day where it rained all day.... I felt like a blimp from all the food I digested.... you know what they say, there is no place like home!!!!... thanks to all for the hospitality, food, transportation, etc...esp Aim and Alfred!!!.. til my trip next year !!!!! Congrats again, JJJAAACCCKKKK!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home