Weekend update
Here is what I did this past weekend....
It started off with Friday, being ditched by the work "drinking" gang. I think it was mostly for Shan to see C-Thom, but C-Thom opted out, so Shan did too, even though she claimed to be ill. I am sure she was, but it made it easier that C-Thom backed out. Mel also backed out due to family visiting. So I just hung out at home.
Sat, I went to Mike and Joyce' wedding. It was held at The Valley Ridge Golf Club. It lasted about 15 minutes, and it was held outside. I did not have a date, so I just hung with me, myself, and I. After that, I headed over to a friend of C-Thom's place for some poker action. There was 10 of us, and the buy in was $20, with the payout of 100, 60, 40. I ended up fifth, but lasted 3 hours. Sure long for one buy in game. I left before the end, so I dont know who won. It was C-Thom's first ever Texas Holdem play. He didnt do too bad. He finished 6th. After that, I headed to the banquet, where we didnt get out last dish til 11pm. That was like 4 hours. I never been to a banquet where the food took so long. At least I lasted til the fish and fried rice (8th and 9th dish), which I dont usually do. Our table pretty much cleaned every dish. There were 9 of us there, 4 couples ( Dave & wife, Gary & wife, Tony & Angelique, and another couple) and me. Man, it sure sucks always being the only single person at the table. Have to listen to talk about relationship, babies, house stuff, etc, etc.... sorry, cant relate!! Couples, they suck!!! Despite not really knowing anyone or interacting, and being alone, it was a decent banquet. I am sure my bro was tired, since he was a groomsman. He had to be there by 8:30am and wasnt home til after 1am.... Sure is hard work being part of the wedding.
Sunday, Won and I went Dim Sum with Lee. Its been awhile since we hung out with Lee. After that, we walked around Prince's Island and along the Bow River. I havent been to Prince's Island for probably 6-7 years? It sure is a nice place to be on a nice day. There is always so much happening down there. I have to make sure I make it down there more often, even to lounge around and relax. I think I ever only been there once. I will make sure I go there more often. We also finished our last regular season game in Ultimate Frisbee. It was two very easy games, where we mercy both teams. So, from only winning one game in our first season, I think we only lost 2 or 3 games this year. Not bad! So, pretty busy weekend.

2 Comments:
You?!?! You spend time outside in the sun??!?! I think I've only heard of you playing sports outside but taking walks and relaxing in a park is something out of character for you! :P
I wish I could have been there on your walk in the park....Maybe someday we will meet...You know who I am..
Post a Comment
<< Home