Father's Day, reunion, going away, Cup, movies, back pains!!!
The end of June…… finally, summer had officially arrived….. the month of June has been pretty busy… as been the case since May, we kept up on our movie watching almost every week….. June 6th, UP… June 13th, HANGOVER…. June 29th, TRANSFORMERS, Rise of the Fallen…. All three were exceptional movies… Hangover was the big surprise…. I wasn’t going to watch it, but the hype and review kept building and building that I had to see it… result?? Prob my fav movie of the summer… the other two prob falls in the next two positions….
Yes, AC is finally gone….. her last day was the 24th… how sad, aint it??.... “Trade Team 4 Life” is finally broken….. it was a good run while it last… this was the third such work team that I been lucky enough to have been a part of, which was a close knit team…. Had her goodbye lunch on da 23rd at King and I with Tanya, but she hosted a party for her and Murray on 27th at Beckhams…. From work, it was Deb, Rob, Angela and I…. good luck AC, and best of luck…. The team wont be da same!!!
The RBC AD first annual reunion finally arrived on the 27th after 4-5 months of planning, at the Tuscany Community Hall…. It was great to see all that showed up for the three hour festivities (and to the pub afterwards, Neil, James, Carol, Debra, Shaun, and Louise)…… great to see you all again and catch up, all 24 of us….. I must admit, I thought there would be more, but you do with what you have, right???....it was nice that Debra and Carol came in from BC for the occasion… best of all, good to see ya Claymar!!!..... been too long… keep in touch… c ya all at the next reunion…
Father’s Day this year landed on da 21st….we spent it at Kathy’s place with a BBQ… not only the whole fam there, but I got a chance to meet one of Kath’s sis, and her mom from BC… it was a lot of pple, but I survived…hahah….
Dad came into town a couple of times…. The first was for Linda and Kim’s 50th wedding ani supper on da 15th…. Funny thing was, dad didn’t give us all the info… just old us that we were having supper with their fam to celebrate their wedding ani…. Imagine my surprise when my bros and I walked into the restaurant in our shorts/jeans/tshirts/hoodies to see 5 tables of pple in formal wear… not only that, but it was a 50th ani!!.. important info my dad left out….. whatever…. It was good to see everyone, including Winston who I had not see since….errrrrr….ummm….. high school???.... yes, 10 course meal at the Edgemont Palace…. hopefully my dad took could of business on the second trip here….
The back has been giving me issues all month, as many of you have seen…. It gets better by Monday, only to get tweaked and sore on Tues from softball, making me walk like an old man on Wed…. and the cycle continued….. I never experienced back pains like this b4….I tried easing it by sitting out playing D on the second game last week… but didn’t help too much….. after this week`s games, where I was force to play due to numbers, it seemed to be not too bad… trying not to get too frustrated with our play in softball…. This week, we had a 11-0 first inning lead on the Kruzers, only to get shut out the next five and having them tie us… if we didn’t decide to play extra, we would have tied…. Thank god for Viet`s walk off homer….. than the second team, the Pirates played with only 9 guys, but still manged to give us troubles. We prevailed 12-9 in the strong winds, cold, and rain….I believed I went 2-3 with a BB and 3-4…. Been more consistent and getting on base the last three weeks… hope I can keep it up… must be a better teammate and not get too frustrated with some of the guy`s play…. They all can be as good as me, right/…..hahahaah
Congrats goes out to KL on DA news…..to Jamie on DA move….to Kirk on moving to his new home…. To da Pens on coming back and winning the cup in 7, esp to da boys Sid, Staal, and Letang!! Prob should not have won, but did anyways!!!
Good to see ya again Laney for lunch….Cor and I had lunch at Sara`s with the new owners… how sad the pizza isn’t the same… need to catch up with a few of you this month… Kirk, drinks…. Kat, drinks… Mon, Nha, Ro, Mare….supper….. Harv and Mike, Sushi man!!!....Kim and Mark, the usual!!!...Peter and Cathy, Dim Sum…. Kim, lunch!!!!... Claymar, Lomes and Char, something!!
Bring on July!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home