Labour Day Weekend starts....
Labour day weekend. Always the last weekend of real camping for the masses of campers, as it usually turns cold before the next long weekend. Also, the little brats can all head back to school for another year. This weekend was another hot weekend, with temps nearing 30 celcius. I must say, since I been living in Calgary, this summer has been the warmest, nicest, and longest for good weather that I can remember. Plus, mosquitoes were only a nuisance for about three weeks in July. Since that, the weather has been nice enough that you can go out and enjoy the weather for a change, without worrying about the pesky bugs too much.
That is what I did Sat afternoon, as Won and I played a little tennis and some frisbee. Man, it was hot, so we didnt play too long. I also got to cook Curry Chicken for supper again. My second crack at it. I have to remember to put more carrots (again) next time, and to cut the chicken thinner. But, it was still edible. After that, I went to the Keg off of 130th Street SE to join James, Faderman, Bonnie, Andrew, Tammy, Lise, Shaun, and two other couples, to celebrate Bonnie and Lise's bday. I was a little nervous seeing the ex's sister. I sat on the opposite side of the table, but after giving her a bottle of wine for her bday, I could see that she was the same, as she gave me a warm greeting. Despite what happened, Lise and Shawn still treated me the same, and it was really refreshing to see. She was always one family member that supported me in my relationship with her sister. It's always nice to have at least one family member who supports you, who you do not have to try and impress all the time, to like and accept you. She was the one in my last relationship. Funny how that works. My previous relationship before that, was the same. It was like the whole family against me, but one sister, believed in me and supported me also. Thanks Sam!!
Although I never really got a chance to talk to Lise or Shawn, they still made me feel welcomed and I look forward to seeing and chatting with them again. Thanks for the warm reception, and not treating me any differently, despite the circumstances.

2 Comments:
The curry was pretty good....maybe we should put some cocconut milk in it next time :)
that is what Nerissa said too....
Post a Comment
<< Home