Saturday, June 30, 2007

Strathmore ATB ball tourney

Its been awhile again..... lets see if we can catch up here..

Last Friday, I skipped going for drinks with the kidz, and went out with WQ instead to a local pub.... they offered free finger food for an hour, so I enjoyed that... after that, I headed to a housewarming party.... little awkward since I didnt really know most of the pple there and I wasnt part of their cliche... but I survived with some help... thanks again!!!

For the rest of last weekend, I played in the ATB softball tourney in Strathmore...we played three games on Sat, and was quite happy with my play and the team's efforts... we won one game, and i was able to hit two homers over fences about 250 feet away... not as impressive as the game we won where we scored 9 runs in the bottom half to win the game by one, thanks largely to the walk off three run homer by Brian.... pretty impressive, esp since he parked two other homers and one other inside the park homer.... MVP dude!!! That night, we were served supper at a hotel that was catered.... roast beef and potatoes...gotta luv it... after that, we went to the STATION..... the whole team went, but left after a few drinks... Shan, Laura and i stayed til 1am... we played the game Name That Tune against 6 other tables... we won, thanks to the walking music catalouge of Wifey... we got $40 off our tab and two free rounds of shots... Shan covered the rest, and I didnt have to pay a dime... than I just went back to the hotel that I stayed at, with my roomie, Lamp......
Sunday, we were to play the team we beat, in the quarters-finals... however, Riza 's car got stolen, so we lost four players nad only had 3 guys left and 5 girls... so, we just forfeited the game... Laura, Shan, Sara, Brian, Jen and I headed to the Husky House for breakfast.... after that, we went our separate ways...besides that downer, I had loads of fun, and met a bunch of new pple on the team..... got a chance to know Riza and her family.....Sara, Jen, Brian, and the other two, pleasure to play with you guys..... I got into town before noon, and hooked up with a "buddy" and headed out to Bragg Creek.... first time there... it was nice.... nice lunch and a real good time... is that what its like on the side with trees all around??...hahhaha....

I am glad to report that they found the creeps that stoled Riza's car... its not like it was a new car... 92 camry?? or something... anyways, last report, car was being inspected, and all the ball gear was still in the trunk.... bunch of paper was thrown out by the crooks, and the cops had to smash three windows to apprehend the creeps...

Good luck to both Leo and Kathy M, who both left the company, and arfe off to their new jobs.... we had drinks at Brewsters for them after work on Thurs.... there was Leo, Kathy M, Donna, Rob G, Rob M, Kathy E, SHirley, Mylenne, Kalua, Easy, Deb M, C-Thom, and I... funny how Donna left without a peep to sit at another table, hey??...hmm.......

Softball for the spring ended on a high note, as we won by 6 runs after being down 18-6.... Won and I were ready to quit the team after losing with embarassment the previous two weeks.... all good now....great hitting guys, and good jobs...

Good luck to Kalua with dealing with your family loss this weekend.... as far as the loss of Chris Benoit goes, next blog!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home