Monday, January 11, 2010

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!!!

It is great to end the year not having to work two full weeks. If you cant get it off, 7 days out of 10 aint bad. Add the fact that we got off at 12:30 on Xmas Eve and 2pm on New Years eve, it’s a shorten two weeks. Work was slow during this time period too.

I hooked up with the mother, Sam and the bros on the 23rd, and we tried out the new chinese rest in the Cultural Centre. Not a good experience. The mother was being her ol critical self. She even took it the extent of boycotting the meal after a few bites. The portions were small, taste was plain, environment uncomfortable. The dessert? I actually couldn’t down it. Oh well, live and learn. The bros and I did stop off at the dessert house where I tried there Mango pudding for the first time. The prices have really gone up. Almost $7/bbt. It was average.

After getting out early on the 24th, Deb and I headed to Kyla’s for the night for Xmas eve munchies….. Xmas day? Dim Sum with da bros and a full day and night at Kathy’s place with the whole fam of Deb’s. The guys won at Trivial Pursuit and Disney’s Scene It.

Boxing day, dad finally came down. He said he was coming on the 24th, missed his bus on the 25th, this and that, and he called me at 11pm to pick him up at Linda’s…. never good at communication, my dad! But, we did get a chance to eat at Eastern Fortune on the 27th for dinner with the four boys…… after that, I drove him back home…. It was an ok drive, with a few foggy patches along the highway….. the afternoon n the 28th, Deb, Connor and I checked out Sherlock Holmes….. slow at the start, but it turned out to be an entertaining movie…..

New Years Eve??? We brought in the new year by playing Wii Family Fun Resort, mainly Battleship, and watching the Hangover again on DVD…. Luv that movie….. had to wake Deb prior to midnight, rang in the new year, text everyone on my new blackberry curve that I bought prior to Xmas…..

That is how I ended my year….. Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year….. Feliz Navidad and a Prospero Ano Nuevo !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home