Labour Day Weekend ends, the old man....
Another Labour Day weekend has come and gone. It was another relaxing weekend. Today, I am preparing to do some house chores, and than relax the rest of the time. I am also going to have my second crack at making Beef Stew.
Yesterday was a good day. Won and I headed out to Innisfail to visit the old man. We had to drop off some docs and stuff, and to see how he was doing. We had not seen him in over a year. He didnt recognize us at first, which was funny. Guess he wasnt expecting to see us. I am sure it was a nice surprise. We caught him on his lunch break, so we got a chance to sit with him for a bit. As I sat there, it reminded me again about my relationship with my father. As usual, the conversation was about the usual stuff and the usual questions and comments, such as my personal life, and if I needed help, he would set me up. I just had to say the word. Besides that, we really dont have much in common, or much to talk about, or much to do. Its a strange relationship. People wonder why we dont visit each other more and just hang out. Fact is, there isnt much we can do together, as we dont share much in common. We can eat together, talk a little, and hang. But there is very little interaction. Despite this, it was still good to see him, as always. We three boys are his life, and we are what keeps him going. If I ever get down on myself, I just think of my dad. Noone has had a tougher life than him, so I should be thankful for what I have and have done, and potentially ahve in the future. As sons, we just want to make him proud. I respect him like no other, and he will always be my idol.
After returning home, Won anad I went to Sakana Grill with Mare for some supper. Its always good to hang with Mare, as she relates to me like no other, being single like me and all. We had fun eating, joking around, and just hanging. After that, we went for our usual bubbletea run at the Dessert House. Goold ol' Almond Milk Tea with pearls. Of couse, I payed for it in the end....hahahah. Mare, you sure getting more in-tune with reality. Your mind is also getting warped. You have to stay away from us Wong boys, we are poisoning you...hehehe... That was my end of the weekend!

3 Comments:
You didn't even bring a bubble tea home for me!!!! :P
And yeah about dad, despite the flaws, he is someone I have tremendous respect for.
Like always, it was great hanging out with you boys. Unfortunately we don't hang out more often but I guess that might be a good thing as there's only so much of the Wong Boys a girl can take :)
Yes...what happened to me. Don't worry, I won't blame my skeptism on you. However, I think you guys have polluted my mind. Gotta be careful not to say things such as "I.M. R.I.P.E" in front of you boys :)
Post a Comment
<< Home