Final softball game for the year, soccer for corp challenge
Yesterday night, I was invited to practice with the ATB soccer corporate challenge team by good ol' Leo. While practicing, our captain, Mike, wanted me to join the team since they were short players. With that, I have decided to join the team. Our first game is on the 17th, Sunday. At practice, there was this real cute gal practicing with us. She is not part of the team, but you cant beat a girl with good looks AND an athlete. Those are few and in-between. Maybe one day, I will find someone like that...hahahah
Today was our last softball game. Unfortunately, Won and I decided not to play. You see, we were to play this team called ".08". This was the same team that we almost brawled with the first time we played them. They were a bunch of players who did not know the rules of the game, and kept eggin us on with comments and actions. Well, I wasnt going to stand it anymore and stood up to one of the guys making those mocking actions. I wasnt going to let a white guy push me around, as in the past. From that, it escalated to another one of their players yapping at my bro and trying to egg him on. My bro didnt back down, and I am glad he didnt. From there, we sent our captain out to talk to their captain. Unfortunately, their captain was not there and noone assume the role. Their player than insulted us by saying we were sending a girl (Christie) to fight out battles. With that, Cory took it personally, and went face to face with him. With both sides pulling their players away, nothing else happened, except the game being cancelled.
NOW, we were to play this team again. Our team debated playing or defaulting. Won, Cory, Jules, and I wanted to default, while Troy wanted to play along with Roy, Pauline, Mark, and Seana. Lori was neutral and the rest of the players could not play anyways. Roy and Mark were not at the first game, so they didnt mind playing. Troy didnt want to let them have the satisfaction of us cowarding away with our tails btwn our legs. Personally, why play if I wasnt going to have fun? That was the name of the game, to have fun. Plus, why would I play in a game with such tension, with the possibility of more problems. There are always ways to get under the other team's skin by subtle words, gestures, and actions. I couldnt stand letting them do that to us. Plus, to allow them the satisfaction of winning against us, sorry, I have my pride! Why play with matches, when you know there will be fire. Enough said, screw them. That is how I felt. Plus the league didnt do anything about their actions, except to say the whole be nice, lets all get along, go have a beer after the game. Softball, see ya next year!!
Finally, a shout out to Lyndell, whose last day at ATB was today. You will be missed, keep in touch, and good luck in school.
Also, congrats to C-Thom for joining the Honda Civic club. Enjoy the ride!

4 Comments:
"...congrats to C-Thom for joining the Honda Civic club. Enjoy the ride!..."
ummmm...Honda Civic Club eh...And you said you ARE White - not that there's anything wrong with IT (being White and getting a Civic) You're A WONG afterall...enuf said.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
What's wrong with being a Wong? !??! :P
Anonymous is brave in saying jack about us boys but why don't you leave a comment with your name on it and then we'll talk? :)
Oops. RE: Deleted Message- Hopefully not someone who is totally offended before going back to delete comment.
There's nothing Wrong with being "A WONG"- You are who you are right? Please don't take it personally even if you happens to be one of the WONG BROS.
Being "Anonymous" gives Liberty to take free shots at Stinger. Not a coward move but plain old fashion fun of making him second guess - What/Who the heck makes comment(s) like that?
PS. Do you still need to talk? Or does all WONG bros like to do the "Let's talk about our feelings" exercise?
Cheers ;)
Your Favourite/Brave Anonymous
Post a Comment
<< Home