Sunday, April 15, 2007

Playoffs begin.....

The hockey playoffs are in full swing now..... most series are going to my liking, but you know you cant have it all.... early predictions??... Anaheim versus either Buffalo or Ottawa for the cup..... what I would like??... San Jose or Detroit to play Ottawa.... I predict the Sens to win the cup, and hope for San Jose...

It was another busy weekend for me.... Friday, I headed to the Pig and Whistle with a friend (Esq) to hang, where we met up with other interesting folks.... expensive night, but it was fun... after that, I headed to hockey.... I had not played in three weeks, so it was fun to be out there again... after that, I had planned to head to another friend's place for some poker action, but it was cancelled... just as I was heading out the door too.... oh well... at least I didnt show up and have to head back home disappointed...

Sat, I headed over to Doug's (-6) place to play some card game action with Wayne(-90), Minh(-20), Hubie(+22), and Curt (+5).... what does that mean?? means I won $90!!!!... my first big win, ever!!!!... felt good... In the first hour and half, I bought in twice already and was already down $60 before anyone else had to buy in... somehow, I managed to stay down $60 for most of the night... than, we played one last round where Hubie called dropped the bomb for $5, which meant ante was $5 and loser paid the winner $5...in those 8 rounds, I won 4, and also collected the $40 ante money in the end... of those 4 wins, we played blind twice where everyone stayed up, and I won each time, collecting $25 each hand.... the rules were, for the first one, we played blind where the winner was the best "second hand", while the other big one was blind with the winner was the one with the worst hand... I won them both... somehow, I ended up with $150 in chips in basically nine hands after being down almost $60...... I know, I talked too much about this, but hey, it was my first big win!!! THANKS HUBIE for calling this game!!!

Sunday, I headed over to the Pig and Whistle to watch the game with Esq., which the Wings won...hahaha...got to like it.... GO WINGS!!!!

To my damsel in distress...hang in there!!! rest up, relax, enjoy yourself, and get better.... I am here for ya, if needed!!

3 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Havok said...

who's this "damsal?"

and yes, i am hoping for the sens to win! i've wanted them to win over the past 4 or 5 years arg....if not them, i hope vancouver or san jose forsure!!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Havok said...

oh yeah, and anaheim will be tough!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"damsel's" doing alright. R & R is the key......I appreciate you thinking about me!!!
I'm sorry, but I'm voting Vancouver!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home