Friday, September 08, 2006

Filling in for vacationing co-workers

Couple of more working days, and the two girls in my dept on holidays will be back. Does it not suck that when another person in your dept at work goes on holidays? He/she will be having fun and will be relaxed, while you are suffering and stressed? It seems to happen to me every time I have to fill in for another person's desk. You never want to leave work for the other person to come back to. You want them to believe that you were capable of filling in, and that they can go on holidays without worrying about a mess to come back to. Little do they know that you stress trying to use the little knowledge you have to do their stuff, and trying to "wing it" on stuff you are unsure of. In my case, not only do I have to maintain my own desk, but you have the workload of another. When I get stress like this, my stomach gets restless and uneasy, which makes it a hard time to get thru the day. Not only that, my neck and back are a little sorer from more slouching and more tension. Even though I have others in my dept helping me take some of the workload from my desk, it still doesnt make it any more relaxing. I had that issue back at RBC doing the transfers out desk while the girl was on holidays. Now, I have that issue doing the internal transfers for another colleague . Holidays do really suck when others take it. For you and only you suffer. I wish I could handle it better. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Finally, I watched basically the whole tennis match on tv tonight, where Federer beat Blake in the quarterfinals of the US Open. Federer is simply an amazing player to watch play. So skilled and so many weapons. I never seen anyone as good as him, except maybe Sampras. Hopefully he can win his 9th major. Next opponent, Davydenko. After that, either Roddick or Youzhny ( the man that beat Nadal). Go Federer!!

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Havok said...

Go Federer indeed!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home