Sunday, December 23, 2007

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico !!!!!

I am back from my vacation in Mexico!!!... One week in Puerto Vallarta..... as I was taught by the pple there, "how was Mexico???...... EXCELLENTE!!!!!!"....... It was a very fun, exciting, and interesting trip..... I guess most trips are..... the highs and lows are all here, for my first ever trip to Mexico and its area.....

Lets get the lows out of the way..... after my first day in the sun on the beach, I paid for it the next day and a bit.... I was sick as a dog the next day.... I think it was Traveller's Diarrhea... all day and night, running to the washroom.... whatever food I ate that first night there, all was out the next.... even after that, i had no appetite for a few days, and could not get food down (just like woman....hahaha)... at the same time, I burnt myself in the sun.... deservingly so, as I went without using sunscreen that day... big mistake!!!!
Another low was having noone to head back to the hotel room at nights after a nice day, unlike so many others.... so many couples, and it was all about couples and family..... ok.... leave it at that....
Oh yeah, than there was the time sharing scam......grrrgghhhh....

The high points?? the ATV tour I took which lasted a morning.... three hours of touring the city side, along the streets with other cars, along the back alleys, the wooded areas along rivers and along steep terrain and all, to the Tequila factory...... another high point?? beach vball for hours upon hours in a day, and boogie boarding with the gang in the ocean.....

Here is a summary of my days....

Sat..... got into PV at about 5:30pm local time, after a 40 minute plane delay in taking off..... yes, had to deal with a noisy kid in the next row, but whatever... going thru the airport, we almost got caught in a time sharing scam..... glad Markie picked up on it..... made me po'ed about how it went down.... not a good way to start the trip... after getting thru the airport, we met up with our host trip company, SunQuest, and was shuttle to our hotel.... after checking in, we met up with Jonathan and Lee, and headed to our first supper (remember, the whole trip is all you can eat)....congrats to Lee and Jonathan on their engagement!!!!

Sun..... after breakfast, we headed out to the beach for hours in the sun, relaxing, bumping the vball around, swimming in the ocean, and boogie boarding..... the sun wasnt that hot, so I figured to go without sunscreen.... I think what got me was getting burnt while in the ocean.... the reflection from the water burnt my upper body, front and back, and my face.... also, the salt water... what can I say...GROSS!!!! .. having that even touching my lips was disgusting and nausinating..the taste was even worse.....now I understand why pple cant survive int he ocean, even if they are good swimmers... once that salt hits you, its over!!!!. after supper, we went to our nightly entertainment, which began at 9pm.... we went to see the stage show every night.... after that, we headed to the local disco.... we were not there that long... the lights made us dizzy, and the place stunk.... that night, is when my issues with my stomach began... it was a longgg night....

Mon..... with a burnt and sick body in tow, we woke up and did our ATV tour in the morning.... I was nervous to start... never been on an ATV before.... than, I had to be the second ATV in line out of five.... but after getting going, the fun began..... who could forget all the manure we went over, or all the cows along the path, or the two flats that Lee and Jon got??...hahahha.... we did end up at the tequila factory, where after sampling the tequila, my sickness hit again.... prior to that, I think my adrenaline push my sickness aside temporarily.... after getting back, I spent the rest of the day in my hotel room, while the others hit the beach..... I did join the gang later for supper, the stage show, and some Ahole card action.....

Tues.... we had our final lunch together as a group before seeing Lee and Jon off.... than, Kim, Mark, and I headed to the beach for a few hours..... still could not eat much at supper, but I did eat a little...the stage show again, and than we played crazy 8's til bedtime.....

Wed.....I started my regular routine of putting on sunscreen every morning after my shower...... we went on a City Tour all day..... the city was old, but it was nice to see what the city looks like.... the bus ride was a little nauseaous.... it was a longggggggggg day.... we hit the city centre, saw some shops, stopped at a church, stop along some local tourist sites, and hit another Tequila factory.... supper and stage show and another round of crazy 8, which Kim won, and another nite ended....

Thurs and Fri was pretty much the same..... relax and sun..... the day started off with us going to the air rifle and testing our shooting skills.... congrats to Kim for winning the girl's side on Thurs.... on Thurs, i even tried horseshoe toss.... than, the rest of the afternoon for me was left to enjoying the sun, and playing beach vball four like 4-5 hours..... than it was supper, stage show, and cards.... only difference was Thurs, Mark entered a ping pong tourney and finished second, while I played on Fri and won the tournament... luckily for Mark, he didnt play me, or I would have kicked his butt....hahahahah...... another downside was Mark getting sick after Thurs supper, so he was pretty much out of commission Fri..... only difference is while mine came out below, his came up and all out..... poor Markie....

Sat... we basically did the air rifle thing, and than checked out by noon.... while our departure was not til almost 5pm, with plane leaving at 8pm, we had five hours to kill.... we just had lunch, and played cards.... mmmm.. the nachos were soooo good...... mmmmmmmmm... the plane ride was a little bumpy, and my stomach was upset so I was not well again..... the movie on the plane was good...Ratatouille..... ohhh and than their was the crying, screaming kid... makes you NOT want to have kids, hey Mark???...... overall, trip was excellent, fun, and adventurous... it was nice to even have a nice tan on my white body... now, you all cant make fun of me...at least, not in that respect...hahahahah...Will miss the ice tea and nachos.....mmmmm...so good!!!!. Adios Mexico and Senoritas!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home