Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Birthday dad!!

Let me start of by wishing my father, Happy Birthday!!! Good ol' 61 years. Man, time sure flies. My bros and I decided to head up to Innisfail to surprise him. We got him a fruit cake and all. Man, its been awhile since the boys have been together. We hung out with him for about an hour and had lunch there. The bros with the monte cristo sandwich, me with the hot turkey sandwich. It was all delicious. The owners gave us 30% off, so each meal was roughly $7 each. It was funny when my dad stated that the two waitresses (and the others) were all young, cute girls. Dad, I have to agree with you, ol' dog...hahahh.... My dad is sure showing his age lately. I just hope he with be with us for decades to come. I also got a chance to goto T&T to buy our instant noodles. I havent been there for prob half a year, maybe longer. That is how long we went without instant noodles. Also, got a chance to fit in a doc's appointment. Otherwise, that was pretty much my Sat. Hockey was cancelled due to low confirmation numbers. That totally sucked.

Friday was ok. Got a chance to head to Curt's place for some card action. Money games was the call of the night. I was there a for a few hours, and wound up breaking even. No more, no less, right on even. How often does that happen? The usual gang was there, Ivan, Minh, Hubie, Curt, & Simon. Some guy named Brad showed up right when I left for hockey. Playing with the sprain ankle was harder than I thought. The skate kept pressing into my ankle, so I felt the pain. I just took it relatively easy, never cutting too sharply, or attacking the net, or made any quick turns with the ankle. Just basically coasted out there. Wasnt much of a workout, but at least I didnt make the ankle any worse. Hopefully by next week, the ankle will be completely healed.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Havok said...

61? Man, that's old!!! I had no idea! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home